Microwaves are awesome, simple and comfortable cooking option for all people around the world. The microwave oven has been popular in the US for more than 30 years, virtually transforming society and how we view food.
But, are microwaves the healthiest cooking option? And the answer to the question is NO, as there are much better options available that will ensure nutrients to remain in your food.
How are microwaves dangerous?
Inside of your microwave, there are approximately 2.45 billion hertz which is fine IF the seal on your microwave door is not leaking. The frequency amount proven to harm the human body is just a measly 10 hertz. So be cautious and never ever stand near a microwave that is on. You will never actually know that your body is being harmed until after the fact.
How does a microwave oven harm our bodies?
- It causes birth defects.
- It causes cancer.
- Cataracts – due to our eyes lack blood vessels to dissipate the cellular stress and heat from the microwave.
- It will weaken your immune system.
- Reduced resistance to bacterial and viral infections.
- It can cause more serious and severe illnesses.
The effect of using microwave to cook your food
There is no doubt that microwave is very easy to use. But here are some bad effect microwave cause to your food:
According to a study conducted by Hans Hertel, a Swiss Scientist, cooking your food using microwave will degrade and deplete the nutrients inside.
Molecules in food will be degraded and deformed due to the radiation from the microwave. It will, in turn, create harmful radioactive compounds
In 1992, Search for Health conducted a study discover the effect of participants who consumed microwaved vegetables. According to the research, the participants experienced the following:
- Rapidly increasing cholesterol levels
- Decrease in hemoglobin causing an anemic like condition
- Decrease in white blood cells
- Increase in leukocyte (indicating poisoning and cell damage)
- Milk that went thought microwave process lost 96% of its antibodies.
- Using the microwave for infant formula can change the component into amino acids and create immunological problems.
Note: you should be very careful and know that even if your microwave oven is perfectly sealed, you are still exposed to harmful levels of electromagnetic fields (EMF). EMF can penetrate human bodies, causing serious health problems. The EPA recommends limited exposure to EMF of .5mG – 2.5mG. If you stand 4 inches from your food cooking in the microwave, you will be exposed to 100 – 500mG. Standing 3 feet away from the operating microwave will expose you to 1 – 25mG.
Microwaves may be faster and more convenient than the convection oven but the nutritional value of your food and the health of your family will pay the price for its convenience. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to share.