Turmeric is a super-spice that has a very high antioxidant value. The antioxidant anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric are mainly attributed to its most active compound known as Curcumin.
This compound is also what gives turmeric is yellow-orange color. Turmeric has been proven to fight free radicals, rejuvenate the cells, cleanse the liver, protect the heart, support the brain, and boosts moods. It can fight severe inflammation, which is the main cause of many chronic diseases, better than most conventional drugs.
Turmeric is the most powerful natural medicine known to men
Turmeric is one of the most-studied spices. It is the subject of over 7000 different studies published by the National Institutes of Health.
The research conducted on this amazing spice found that it is as effective as the following medications but with no side effects:
- Arthritis medications
- Diabetes drugs
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Cholesterol drugs
- Inflammatory bowel disease drugs
Other health benefits of turmeric
- Helps treat depression
- Turmeric drastically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body
- Improves brain function and lowers risk of brain diseases
- Reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Relive joint pain, muscle aches, and discomfort
- Indigestion and heartburn aid
- Ease stiff joints
- Optimize cholesterol
- Turmeric can help prevent and even treat cancer
Turmeric versus Cancer
Studies have shown that curcumin, the active component of turmeric, helps prevent several forms of cancer including breast, lung, stomach, liver, and colon because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It stops the development of cancer by interfering with the cellular signaling aspects of the chronic disease.
Laboratory results have found turmeric and curcumin capable of…
Turmeric tones down receptors on the cancer cells surface. Many cancer cells on their surface have Epidermal Growth Factor Receptors (EDGF for short). These receptors tend to cause a cell to divide faster, and blocking them leads to reduced cell division, which in turn leads to stopping the spread of cancer and his progression. Turmeric’s active compound curcumin is one of the things that block EDGF receptors that are very common in prostate cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, etc.
Turmeric blocks the production of a hormone called prostaglandin 2(PG-2). Cancer cells like to produce PG-2 because it helps them to divide faster. Faster cell division increases the progression of cancer and his spread through the body. Curcumin blocks down the formation of PG-2 and blocks the progression of cancer cells.
Turmeric’s active ingredient curcumin also blocks another enzyme called Lipoxygenase (LOX). Cancer cells take lipoxygenase and it causes cancer cells to divide faster. Curcumin blocks the activity of this enzyme and with that stops the division of cancer cells.
Turmeric stops the development of tumors by inhibiting the formation of new blood vessels (a process known as angiogenesis) that tumor needs for his progression and spread through the body.
Turmeric inhibits a chemical called Nuclear Factor Kappa Beta (Nf-kB) and inhibits the growth of cancer cells. Because of this activity, curcumin is especially beneficial in patients who have bone cancer.
How to make your own turmeric supplement
1. Take 1 tablespoon raw organic honey and add turmeric powder to it. Make sure it is thick enough to roll into balls.
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. (Recent studies have found that a compound in black pepper called piperine makes the cancer-fighting curcumin in turmeric as much as 1,000 times more bioavailable)
3. To form the capsules, take pinches of the turmeric paste and roll them into small balls.
4. Allow to sit out a couple days to dry out. Take 2-3 per day.
Just keep in mind that to get maximum benefits, it needs to be high-quality turmeric or curcumin in a form that optimizes curcuminoid absorption.